adjusting refrigerator door

I have an Amana fridge door that has worn down the $2.25 piece of plastic that sits above the lower door hinge. To replace this piece, I've been told to loosen up the top hinge but not the bottom hinge and then lift the door up slightly to replace plastic. Does anyone have anymore tips or suggesitons? Thanks in advance!!

Mike Salazar

Reply to
Mike Salazar

Wayne's Locks

Hi,

This is more for the GE door ride up...but same principles on the Amana door...

With the food off of the door and the power off you -shouldn't- have much problems as this is a fairly easy repair :)

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff