Subject Author Posted Replies

Banister loose
Hello, I am buying a new house and the banister is loose at the bottom of the stairs. I was told the is a dow pin underneath the stairs & maybe I could jack it up to get to it. The house is on a slab...
8
8

deck floor
Hi there, I have an uncovered deck which is about 20'x8'. It has a painted plywood floor over top of the joists, but the plywood is rotten and needs replacement. What kind of vinyl flooring is...
1
1

[SOLVED] Hooking BBQ to Gas Stub
I already have a natural gas stub on the back of my house and I am about to buy a natural gas BBQ. The stub as a metal cap that is screwed onto the stub right now. Is it a simple process to remove...
10
10

30"Sears mower---mtd blade?
Hi Folks: I`ve got a 12 year old Craftsman 30" Rider.I found a stack(8) of Walmart closeout 30" MTD blades for $1.00 question---problem is how to I convert the mounting on the deck shaft to accept the...
3
3

Software to help with color choosing -- can't remember where it was
HGTV had an add for some paint manufactorer that had software to help in choosing a color for a room. You scan-in a picture of your room and put it in the software. Then you choose colors and see how...
11
11

Grout dried on tumbled marble HELP!
Hi There, I just finished my first tile job and am really thrilled with the way that it came out. Except there are a few areas that I guess that I just didn't clean enough and now there are spots of...
3
3

Old, old cast iron sink -- keep or toss?
OK, this may be more a decorating question, but I'm curious as to what the opinion here is regarding my dilemma: I am rehabbing a two-unit apartment building that has kitchen sinks dating to the early...
2
2

DON'T TRUST CBHvac
he can't even make his pc clock work right. must be a shirt tail cousin of the north carolina breezer wheezer..
7
7

What is duct telling?
I bought 30 years old house. This house was build for 65 years old lady and she lived here rest of her life. Since trustee was holding title I got pretty good deal to buy. Then, I had to discover...
4
4

Drywall fasteners....screws or nails?
Are screws that much better than nails for attaching drywall? A DeWalt screwgun costs 70,80, 0r 100 bucks at home depot, and a drywall hammer costs around 18 or 27 bucks, depending on the model. If I...
15
15

need new dryer -- have long flue
Hi All, It is getting time to get a new (gas) dryer. Anyone have a suggestion for a large capacity unit that is 1) reliable, and 2) has a strong blower, capable of overcoming the airflow resistance of...
4
4

Garbage disposal mold/mildew odor
Anyone have a great way to fix a moldy garbage disposal? A while back we put cantaloupe inerds down the disposal. Since that time I've read that you should never put any stringy vegetables into a...
9
9

Gas vs. Electric Dryer
We are buying a new construction townhouse. Installing a gas line to the laundry area will be $100. A gas dryer cost $53 more than the same model in electric. I have seen headlines saying gas prices...
115
115

Leaking pipe joint.
I have very high water pressure at my house and am having a hard time getting a complete seal on the water connections of my new roman tub filler. I had to use a couple of brass adapters to go from a...
5
5

Toro / Briggs&Stratton Stuck Oil Filler Cap
I have a brand new (less than 2 hours use) Toro Super Recycler lawn mower with a stuck oil filler cap. This model 20038 has a Briggs & Stratton 6.75 OHV engine and this is supposed to be Toro's...
11
11