Subject Author Posted Replies

sidewalk - using old concrete pieces in new mixture
I removed an old sunken sidewalk, and am getting ready to form for the new sidewalk. I was wondering how much of the old stuff I can mix into the new mixture before it compromises it, and if that's a...
3
3

Weedeater Gas trimmer - Zama Carburator rebuild
Does any one have any information (diagram on how this carburetor is built (ie; gaskets, seals ect). Thanks. If this is the wrong newsgroup, or if there is a more suitable one for this topic please...
3
3

What do I use to seal exterior PVC pipe thru concrete foundation
I've come across another leak in my foundation right at the point where the septic system PVC waste pipe exits the foundation. Fortunately it is only about 2 feet below grade on the exterior and I've...
2
2

Oxidation Removal on Garage Doors
I have just recently purchase an older home and in the process of cleaning it out. The garage doors are structually in great shape but there is a thin film of chaulky oxidation on the outside doors....
4
4

Sealing Concrete Floor
Hi, I would like to use part of the garage as a work area. What would you recommend to seal the concrete floor that will make cleaning easier? Thanks for your suggestions. Regards, Shyamal
5
5

Laying ceramic tile on uneven floor
we plan to lay ceramic tile in a particular room (an addition to the house). we've got the tile, we've got 1/4" backerboard, we've pulled up the carpets. now i find that the floor is quite uneven in...
1
1

Ok to apply second rolled roofing over first?
Hi. I want to apply a second rolled roof over another rolled roof and would like some tips and opinions please. For me its economical and I can do it myself. I have a 12 x 18 3 season attached porched...
2
2

Stainless steel dishwasher and loose rubber gasket seal
My wife and I purchased a very expensive stainless steel dishwasher, and have a recurring problem with it. The rubber gasket seal comes loose from the base of the stationary part of the washer when...
2
2

Anyone know where I can find red deck screws?
Deck is 5/4 PT. I'm going to stain it semi transparent redwood. I was going to use SS screws but I think the heads will be to shiny so I want to use colord deck screws like I've seen at HD and Lowes....

Mosquito traps
Anyone had any luck with those propane fueled ones? TIA
12
12

How do I take apart this faucet?
The sprayer on our kitchen sink has very low pressure. Even when its trigger is fully depressed, little water comes out the sprayer, while the flow out of the main faucet is only slightly reduced. It...
3
3

Genie garage opener intermittent
I have a strange problem. I have a Genie garage door opener that works perfectly fine in the daytime. It works from the remote or the button in the garage but, when I leave to go to work in the...
21
21

Could I screw up a ridge vent install?
Im a do-it-yourselfer getting better and more confident with each project. Expert, no. Compentent, finally. I have an older roof in the new house we bought with THREE layers of roofing (why the...
9
9

blueboard and/or drywall
-------------------------------------------------------- I just recently had my bathroom plastered from a so-called professional. They installed blueboard on the walls until they ran out and decided...
3
3

A/C - two 5k same as one 10k ?
All things being equal, do you think it will cost more to run two 5000 btu or one 10000 window a/c.
9
9