Oxidation Removal on Garage Doors

I have just recently purchase an older home and in the process of cleaning it out. The garage doors are structually in great shape but there is a thin film of chaulky oxidation on the outside doors. Does anyone not of a mixture that can be sprayed on to remove the oxidation without harming the factory paint.

Reply to
Zbox

What type surface? Aluminum, wood, . . . .

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

It's made of aluminum. When I rub it with my finger the chaulky substance easily comes off and reveal a nice coat of paint underneath.

Reply to
Zbox

Gotcha - wash with warm water and mild dish detergent. Use a rag - avoid a scrub brush - you shouldn't need it. You can actually take a paste car wax and wax them the same as you would your car. I did this to mine (I live in Houston) where the heat is tremendous. I've done it once in about 2 years and the neighbors think I replace them every 6 months. LOL! The good thing is that after you wax them, you can hose them off ever few weeks or months as needed and nothing sticks to them.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Thanks alot. I'll try it over the July 4th weekend. I live in the Dallas area so I know what you mean about the heat.

Reply to
Zbox