Stainless steel dishwasher and loose rubber gasket seal

My wife and I purchased a very expensive stainless steel dishwasher, and have a recurring problem with it.

The rubber gasket seal comes loose from the base of the stationary part of the washer when the front door is opened. We noticed there is nothing really holding the gasket into the recess on the perimeter of the face of the washer.

Is there a non-toxic sealant, or other type of fastener hardware that I might be able to use to keep rubber gasket on the face of the unit, and keep it from peeling off?

F.Z., Newton MA

Reply to
Fred Zimmerman

If it were mine it would go back. May not be easily fixed. I can't imagine an adhesive lasting with the dishwasher heat cycles, hot water and powerful detergents. Good luck, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
sligo

Is it a new expensive European one. If it is not too late send it back. I paid almost a grand for one and after 4 break downs in 6 years I threw it in the trash.

Reply to
Art Begun