Icemaker Question

Greetings,

I have an icemaker in my freezer that's not working. I need some troubleshooting help. Here's what I know.

I have replaced the water valve. I do not think the valve is getting power. I took my ohmmeter and put one probe in one of the wire lead clips and put the other probe on the other and no needle movement (did I do that right?). I followed the wire further back into the frig until It was in another clip joining several wires. I used the ohmmeter again to check each wire individually (one probe on one end and one on another) and both wires from there to the valve were solid.

Following the wires further back led to a 4" wide metal panel fixed to the back of the refrigerator that the wires led up into. I didn't want to go tearing into this until I knew if it would do any good. If there's a switch that's not turning on, then that would account for the break on the ohmmeter. The freezer is on it's coldest setting and this is several hours after replacement of the valve and replugging it in. No water is getting up in the tube leading to the icemaker, but the tube itself is clear.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on what to check next?

Thanks so much in advance. Just found this NG and it's definitely going in my subscribe list.

Reply to
Steve Hollis

Wow..nice welcome wagon.

I'll try not to judge the rest of the group by your response.

Everyone's gotta start somewhere in learning to fix things. But you probably never had any problems that stumped you, or had to ask for help.

You the only troll, or are there more of you?

Reply to
Steve Hollis

Ahh, never mind my response, it was probably too well written for you. I see by perusing the group that you're nothing more than an immature trollop who can only deal in humor at the lowest common denominator.

That's why it's really only funny to you and your ilk.

Anyone else able to help with the icemaker, since Ransley's about to go in a killfile?

Reply to
Steve Hollis

Hi,

Make of fridge, model#, approx age?

helps.

Some continuity testing tips and such...

Is the icemaker going through it's motions but not filling?...or is the icemaker just sitting there dead?

icemaker not fillign with water info.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

You're right, jeff, sorry. It's a GE Hotpoint CTX21GI No Frost refrigerator freezer.

The icemaker is just sitting there dead.

Thanks again for replying and thanks for the links! Gives me a place to start :-)

Reply to
Steve Hollis

Hi,

That is better :) GE mechanical style icemaker, same as Whirlpools old cresant mold style...but that model# appears to be part of the full number.

Sitting there dead, I'd probably confirm the icemaker has power )

110-120 volts AC ) to the plug.

BIG plastic gear under the cover was bad for breaking on this style...

more info on that style of an icemaker.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff