Any advancements in vinyl tile removal?

Starting work on our first home. Removed the carpet today, only to find vinyl tile in a majority of the house. We do know that underneath the vinyl is a nice, salvagable pine floor.

I have read about the different methods of removing vinyl tile, namely heat gun / long scraper and/or dry ice. Apparently this is one of the "suckier" jobs.

Have there been any new discoveries since these archived messages that I read? Or, is heat combined with MUCH elbow grease still the best bet?

Thanks for your replies.

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan