Vinyl Tile Removal

I have to replace vinyl tiles on a wooden floor and on removing the present tiles I find that the wood is still covered with adhesive from the old tiles.Can anyone please tell me he best method for cleaning up the wooden floor .I have tried white spirit but no good. I would appreciate help with this.

jon

Reply to
jon

If its a rubber solution glue Id take a guess at something like brasso or T-cut, having removed the worst with a sharp scraper.

Not something Id like to do over a large area though.

Lard

Reply to
Lardman