Bubble in sheet vinyl floor

I'd try contact cement. But there must be other kinds that will work equally well.

Before you try to repair it, I'd put some of the glue on the good side of a piece of scrap...and see how it reacts with the vinyl. You don't want a glue that's gonna eat the tile if some of it oozes onto the good surface.

Good luck.

Have a nice week...

Trent©

What do you call a smart blonde? A golden retriever.

Reply to
Trent©

I recently had a sheet vinyl floor laid in my kitchen. I don't recall the make, but it is a well known company, I think Armstrong. The installation method uses double sided tape, rather than glue. Anyway, there is a "bubble" in one area where the refrigerator creased the flooring material slightly when it was pushed into place. I'm wondering if I can inject some kind of adhesive under the flooring, than weight it down for a period to eliminate or reduce the bubble. One flooring guy suggested "super glue", but my understanding/experience of this type of adhesive is it's pretty useless in any situation involving voids. Any other suggestions?

TIA

Dan

Reply to
nono

Go to the drugstore and buy a syringe. Fill the syringe with vinyl floor adhesive (you need a large syringe for this) and inject it into the bubble. Then pull back on the plunger and suck out the air. The vacuum will suck the bubble down tight to the floor. NOTE: This works on fully adhered vinyl floors. I haven't tried this with the type of tape you are talking about.

Reply to
Robert Allison

According to :

How long has this bubble been there? If it's only a few days, let it sit for a while. It'll probably relax into place on its own.

If not, you can sometimes fix this by shifting the fridge back and forth a bit to take out any twist or buckle.

If you had a flooring installer do the floor, they'd probably fix it for free. Chances are they just have to shift the fridge around a bit.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 06:33:33 GMT, Robert Allison scribbled this interesting note:

A syringe made for injecting turkeys before cooking them works great for this application...

John Willis

Thanks for the replies, the floor is beginning to flatten. To help it along, I took a large flat bottomed steel pan & filled with water at about 180 degrees ( < boiling temp) and placed it on the spot. The combination of the heat and the weight flattened it considerably. I may try another such application later.

Dan

John Willis wrote:

Reply to
nono