Floor leveler over Vinyl

Can you apply floor lever over sheet vinyl to raise up low spots in the floor, and will it stay there?

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
tflfb

Yep. You should also apply something over the entire floor to smooth out the pattern, otherwise it will telegraph through the new vinyl.

Reply to
Chris Hill

Chris.

Have you seen a leveler product that can be applied over the top of the vinyl?

I was thinking of useing a # 36 grit sanding disk on a 9 inch grinder and ruffing up the surface so the leveler would adhere.

Tom

Reply to
tflfb

It all should be able to be applied over old vinyl. We didn't do anything special when we did this last year, bought a pre-mix product from home depot and away we went; so far, so good.

Reply to
Chris Hill