Floor leveler substitute

I'm putting down a small piece of vinyl flooring and the plywood substrate has a joint in it about 2' long. I hate to buy a whole bag of floor leveler mix, the smallest amount I can find is $25, so I was wondering if anything else that dries hard will do. Like caulking maybe, or drywall patch or panel adhesive.

Thanks

Reply to
46erjoe

A product that will work well and is available in smaller containers is Durham's Rock Hard Water Putty. The big can is about $7. You may find a lot of other things to do with Durham's. It is a great product to have on hand.

NO relation, no shill .............. just a multi generation and multi decade user. ___________________________ Keep the whole world singing. . . . DanG

Reply to
DanG
46erjoe wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Home Depot sells (or did recently) small plastic tubs of pre-mixed patch/levelling compound.

Reply to
Old Fangled

sheetrock mud works fine.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

you *can* use drywall mud... mix in extra water though so it's nice and thin... works like floor leveler this way.

Shouldn't be a problem in a low traffic area.

Reply to
kellyj00

"DanG" wrote in news:CT15h.297$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe14.phx:

I've been using Durham's for years on countless things...successfully...long term.

Should work fine on plywood substrate. To anyone else who decides to use it, unpainted, it will absorb moisture over time.

Reply to
Al Bundy