Subject Author Posted Replies

Siding
I recently saw a home built in 1979 that was re-sheathed and sided (not to mention 2 additions) that were added around 1997. Well the previous homeowner just let it go and all the siding came off from...
1
1

Is it okay to run a propane generator in the living room?
All of the windows would be open and fans will be on. I need to keep the cabin warm so my dog don't freeze while I'm on the road.
3
3

Do I need a larger portable generator for power outages?
In on Tue, 20 Feb 2024 23:09:10 -0700, Nick Cine Or would a larger portable...
7
7

OT What if you lose your bank account userid and passowrd?
OT although related to home finance, I've often heard that if you lose your credit card, you are only liable for $50 someone else charges on it, and for nothing if you report it soon enough (Although...
17
17

Ford F150 Taylor Swift edition
This could turn out to be a big seller
12
12

Viewing & printing woodworking plans in dxf & f3d format to 1:1 scale
Downloaded a set of woodworking plans which are in dxf and f3d format. Don't want to be a CAD expert. Just want to print them to scale. I only have a normal 8.5x11 printer at home. Don't want to go to...
7
7

Busy day today
Had my car towed to the shop after it spewed brake fluid on the garage floor (and probably some on the road the last time I drove it). I _thought_ that brake pedal was acting weird. As I sat at a stop...
23
23

football fields.
Construction workers prepare to move in the field tray ot Allegiant Stadium by rolling up the artificial turf field and removing retractable seating, 2, by testing the motors and rails that will...
2
2

Getting a new windshield
I was going to google or ask here but a friend brought it up on his own, and he said that replacing the windshield on his 15? year old car made a world of difference when he drove at night. I had...
20
20

OT: N-acetylcarnosine and Cataracts
The "actual" scientific studies on N-acetylcarnosine and Cataracts: Efficacy of N-acetylcarnosine in the treatment of cataracts Participants: 49 subjects (76 affected eyes) with an average age of 65.3...
6
6

LG Washer/Dryer Combination Unit
It isn't often that something new pops up. A TV commercial had this: <>Two thousand dollars. Discover the 5.0 cu.ft. Front Load WashCombo that features 2-in-1 Wash & Dry and Inverter HeatPump™...
10
10

Great tips you can learn from
We can always learn something from others and this guy has some great tips. Worth the five minutes to watch All video credit to the human capacitor https://www.youtube.com/user/msadaghd Hope you guys...

OT Going backwards on youtube ads.
OT Why is it when y ou watch Youtube, you can press the left arrow to go back a little bit, and you can click on the progress bar to go back farther, but during a commericial, you can't go back. I...
10
10

Microsoft eliminates Chrome
Has Microsoft done something so that we can not use Google Chrome ? Chrome quit working for me and I have downloaded it again and still it will not work. Seems that they are forcing us to use Edge...
51
51

Do cheap mini-chain-saw work almost as well?
Four part question: Do mini-chain-saws really work? Do cheap mini-chain-saw work almost as well? Are most of the webpages that rate this stuff just advertising that points you to Amazon or some place...
12
12