OverHead Door model 455

So The door would periodically stop mid use on either direction and need to be restarted sometimes a few times to get the door to close or open fully. There are times that it works just fine for a few cycles, then here we go again. Wiring is ok. Transmitters all check out. Neither an issue as I have multiple. Checked and adjusted the force settings to either end (7) positions. No luck there either. Finally I figured it must be the capacitor. It is a 40 MFD 220VAC Towa Motor Starting Capacitor ....................of course it cannot be found anywhere. Overhead Door sent me a "replacement" capacitor 36-43 MFD but now the problem is worse. Door will not move at all. Motor starts and hangs immediately. Anyone out there got any suggestions ?

Reply to
Bendore

Door openers will stop if they jam or hit something. If the door is not easily moving in the track it will stop. Disconnect it from the opener and be sure it goes up and down smoothly, bearings are lubricated, no broken springs.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Most large capacitors are not made to very close specifications. So the

36-43 MFD should be fine. You did not mention what kind of opener you have as far as the operation type. Chain, screw or some other drive ?

Have you lubercated all the moving parts of the door ? I have a screw drive and every year or two I lubercate it.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

No leaves, cobwebs, misc. debris in the electric eye path? Send unit and receive units tight and aligned, not loose and wobble from the vibration.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

On 06/18/2017 10:14 PM, Bendore wrote: ...

Disconnect door from drive and exercise motor. Unlikely there is where the problem is (or was); this'll show it runs fine in all likelihood (and probably would with the old cap back in place of the new one as well would be my best guess).

Reply to
dpb