dishwasher leaks through door

I'm stuck and was hoping somebody could help me... My dishwasher leaks through the door. It is a Kenmore 100-563511, I think, but it's very badly worn and hard to make out -- the model is essentially irrelevant, though, as this is a fairly generic problem.

History of the problem: I was having problems with blockage in the motor/balls and disassembled the motor to finally clear it out. One of the balls was ceased completely to the check valve and the "food compactor" part was clogged badly. I wrote the motor off and replaced it with another one (it's a Whirlpool assembly). Now, instead of leaking immediately, it takes a few minutes but by the time it is on the second cycle it is starting to slowly leak through the door again. The odds of the second motor being also clogged seems slim, even though the motor is used.

There is no seal on the bottom of the door, only the top/sides with a weather-stripping type of rubber, and the two hard rubber/plastic pieces at the bottom edges of the door. I checked this setup with other (new) dishwashers and they are all the same. The water level sensor is not physically stuck (though I did not check the full circuit for it)...since the water does actually stop and it loads normally at the start of the cycles, this sensor should not be an issue (it would run forever if the float sensor was bad).

That doesn't leave many things. Searches I've found on the Internet all seem to point to blockage (which has been checked), door seals (which are fine, and no bottom seal at all -- never was), and the water level (float) sensor.

Ideas and opinions would be appreciated...

Reply to
Darkpaw

I have a Moffat dishwasher which was leaking a little at the door as well. From what I could tell, the dishwasher had shifted so it was leaning forward which probably happened from use. What I did was fixed the pads/feet under it and used a level to made sure that it had a (very) slight tilt to the back. It hasn't leaked since. Perhaps your dishwasher is leaning forward?

Alvin

Reply to
Alvin

Is the door closing properly? My last DW started to leak and I found a loose screw around the cabinet frame that kept the door from closing properly, but it looked like it was and still latched.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks for the suggestions....

I checked it, and the water is level al> > I'm stuck and was hoping somebody could help me...

Reply to
Darkpaw

Reply to
Darkpaw

IMHO:

Mine leaked, and I figured it was the seal. To special order mine, I had to spend some money, So I just replaced the dishwasher. ;)

later,

tom @

Tom The Great