Pressure switch

I went to buy a new pressure switch for my well system. They had 30/50 pressure switches and 30/50 *low* pressure switches. What the function of a low pressue switch? Bob S.

Reply to
Bob

It protects the pump from running dry by cutting out if pressure falls below a low limit, usually around 5 PSI. The pressure should never fall that low unless the pump runs dry or gets completely clogged. (Or if you have a jet pump that looses prime)

Once the low limit trips, you have to flip a little lever on the side to reset it.

If your well never runs dry, you don't need it, but it's cheap protection for the pump.

You will have to use the manual override the first time you run the pump with the new switch, since you'll have to drain the line to install the new switch.

Paul Franklin

Reply to
Paul Franklin