Fridge in-line water filter

I want to install a water filter in the copper line that feeds my refrigerator's ice maker. I find some at Home Depot and on Amazon that have "quick connect" connectors but make no mention of whether they work for plastic lines or copper. Here's an example:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpool-In-Line-Refrigerator-Water-Filter-4378411RB/202204720
I would think that ones for copper lines would have compression fittings. Am I wrong? Can anyone suggest an appropriate filter, maybe one that they've used and liked?
On Mon 19 Jun 2017 07:17:44p, Nil told us...

This is a very good filter and includes both compresion fittings for copper lines as well as push on fittings. We have this one on our ice maker.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/EcoPure-5-Year-In-Line-Refrigerator-Water- Filter-Includes-both-1-4-in-Compression-and-Push-To-Connect-Fittings- EPINL30/301065673?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-BASE-PLA-D26P- Plumbing%7c&gclid=CNnQh96wy9QCFQ94fgod9oECiA&gclsrc=aw.ds

in alt.home.repair:

Thank you for your suggestion. They didn't have that one at my local Home Depot, so I got this one instead. I like that it's smaller and that the filters are replaceable without having to disconnect any compression fittings. I haven't installed it yet.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-In-line-Water-Filtration-System-for-Refrigerators-or-Icemakers-GXRLQK/300233669?keyword=gxrlqk
On 6/25/2017 3:04 PM, Nil wrote:

That looks like a good setup, easy to change as needed.
On Sun 25 Jun 2017 12:04:03p, Nil told us...

YEs, that's also a good choice.

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 22:17:44 -0400, Nil

By any chance, do you already have an RO (reverse osmosis) system in your kitchen? If so, you can tie directly into the output line for that.
Additionally, many modern refrigerators are designed to use a removable cartridge filter, built into the appliance itself. I am sure you checked on that, but just in case.
in alt.home.repair:

No existing filters in the house. I haven't felt the need for one - out local water tastes good, and from the town's water quality reports I think that it's quite pure.
I never considered a filter for the icemaker until a discovered that a friend's fridge had a built-in one. He didn't know it either! He had never changed the filter since he bought the fridge 5 years or so ago.
On 6/19/17 10:17 PM, Nil wrote:

Maybe I'm not enough of a plumber but I never seem to be able to install a compression fitting the first shot- or keep it from leaking, if not immediately, then soon...
--
Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
- Edmund Burke
On 6/20/2017 10:30 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:

Compression fittings can be finicky at times. The slip on fittings shown on the filter actually work very well. I used it on copper. At work we used them on plastic lines and had probably 1500+ of them and often disconnected and reconnected.
alt.home.repair:

I have trouble with those, too. I guess you have to learn to feel exactly how much to tighten them without overdoing it. I don't have the knack yet.
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 10:17:49 PM UTC-4, Nil wrote:

From the questions and answers at the link you provided:
February 20, 2015 This filter should work, it is designed for a 1/4" plastic tubing. The ends on this filter are designed for the water to go over the fittings. Thank you for viewing this Whirlpool Corporation accessory.
May 30, 2017 All that is needed is to cut the 1/4" plastic tubing square and push in on outlet and inlet. No other connections needed.
alt.home.repair:

Too bad it isn't explicit in the description or on the box.