Subject Author Posted Replies

Table Saw Bearing - 'Splain Me These Model Number Differences
I said IF you had not verified the bearing type by dissassembly - You have - so not an ASS Umption. Does your 6202-rs have a seal on both sides? If it does, it is actually a 6202-2rs assembled with 2...
19
19

Saturday Morning Matinee: In Tune with Time - Watchmaker Masahiro Kikuno
Masahiro Kikuno is a master craftsman who belongs to an exclusive international group of independent watchmakers. These consummate artists create timepieces that reflect their deepest ideals, with no...
4
4

Attaching solid surface counter top to kitchen cabinets
I have solid surface counter tops in my kitchen. U shaped with stove at th e bottom of the U. The solid surface counter top right next to the stove h as come up a little. When I press on the counter...
5
5

Non-Metalic Wire?
I saw this and was wondering how long it has been around and how does it work. What is it made out of to deliver electricity? What am I missing? Are they actually talking about the casing? The casing...
63
63

OT New Truck
Precisely, They used the same parts from year to year and they all failed prematurely. My last job in the automotive industry was the GM of an AC/Delco whole sale distributor. We only sold to GM...
102
102

OT - Adrenaline Junkies
Do they have something 'extra'? Or are they missing something in their survival instinct that normal people have?
10
10

Chimney Cleanout - Part III
So the current theory being peddled by the local chimney maintenance people to explain why moisture is forming in the bottom of the shaft goes like this: They claim that the modern higher efficiency...
6
6

Chimney Cleanout Part II
OK, you were all correct. The mystery door was a chimney cleanout. These days, the flue for a gas furnace goes up that chimney. The door itself is badly corroded and is allowing moisture to produce...
12
12

What Are They - Rivets?
I've had these for 30+ years, just hanging around in the bottom drawer of a old, narrow set of drawers I brought home from a dead relative's shop. The whole batch weighs just over 1/2 lb. I'm guessing...
21
21

OT - Wind Event In Western NY/Canada - Crazy Video
We're having a bit of a wind event in Western NY. Gusts to 75 MPH. This happened earlier today on the Canadian side of the Niagara River, opposite Buffalo.
16
16

Best Adhesive And Filler For Fixing Old Dovetails?
... So, how's the drawer pins repair coming along??? Inquisitive minds and all that... :)
45
45

Back Panels On Desk - Cutting Error, Modification or Design Feature?
A friend asked me if I could repair this desk. One of the interior side panels (where your legs go) had split along a glue joint. I'm pretty sure it's maple. It weighs in at about a half a ton. ;-)...
3
3

Bessy 12" REVO JR...Well, At Least The Shipping Is Free
I think I'll order a half dozen or so...
8
8

Leafnode placeholder for group rec.woodworking
This server is running leafnode, which is a dynamic NNTP proxy. This means that it does not retrieve newsgroups unless someone is actively reading them. If you do an operation on a group - such as...

Advice: How to address a curved edge
Been awhile since I've posted here. I'm a weekend hobbyist at best. I'm planning out a "bridge" to sit on my desk: It is to help organize my music recording setup, some of which is shown in schematic...
31
31