Lee Valley's AFD "Pause" now Permanent?

No new AFD tool again this year. <http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?pu235&cat=1,46158,75230&ap=1>
Rob Lee, 1yr ago: <https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?263665-What-No-New-Tool-For-the-Day&p '97111#post2797111>
    What's an AFD?
    (It would be considerate to include a "what's this link all about" comment when posting links. )     "In twenty five words or less, explain why you should click on this."
--
pyotr filipivich

You shouldn't.
AFD = April Fool's Day.
For years Lee Valley has presented an AFD tool. The first link takes you to all their SFD tools - pretty funny stuff.
--
Jerry O.

     snipped-for-privacy@invalid.net (Jerry Osage) writes:

And all of them work, even if most aren't prectical.
That's the part that I enjoyed most about them. (Still want the pocket dovetailer.)
--
Drew Lawson

". . . And I never give a reason"
On Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 9:58:56 AM UTC-4, Drew Lawson wrote:

I think they may have actually sold the "Story Tape" as a real product.

They do. Just got one for Christmas.
Puckdropper
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.net (Jerry Osage) on Tue, 02 Apr 2019 00:39:34 -0500 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

    "I see!", said the blind carpenter, when he picked up his hammer and saw.
    Although the idea for "story tapes" does appear attractive.
--
pyotr filipivich
     snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com writes:

They had enough demand for that one that they added it to their product line.
--
|Drew Lawson | Mrs. Tweedy! |
| | The chickens are revolting! |

https://bit.ly/2HUwx9d