WOT: Gun Buy Outs

As a permanent resident of Alabama, I have to agree, the summers are hell most years. Typical July and August is 98 degrees, 90 percent humidity, with no wind.

By the end of August everyones tired and tempers are short, and to stay somewhat with the thread, gun related murders are at their highest.

Fall, Winter and Spring are generally nice, it's rare to have a winter day that doesn't get above freezing and very limited snow, had about 2" one day this winter and it was gone in a few hours.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

When I was a kid, and the neighborhood was much more rural, I never saw a deer, dead or alive. Today, despite hunting, there are deer everywhere, herds of them even. Most of them are killed by $30,000 cars rather than $100 guns.:-) Less than 10 years ago I used to bitch about the 30 mph speed limit on Fox Chapel Road, and about everyone averaged the correct speed, closer to 50mph, hoping the tax collector didn't nab them. Now, it really isn't safe to go over 30mph because of the deer running in front of you. We are polluted with deer. I still don't hunt because I get no joy out of killing, but I'm glad a few people are left that have not been femanized with this line of crap... Problem is I don't cook much either... don't hunt, don't cook, damned near useless...

Reply to
Jack Stein

What, you never heard of plastic wood?

Wait, they don't like oil much either, or exhaling...

Come to think of it, they don't seem to like much of anything...

Reply to
Jack Stein

We're just up the road from Montgomery, in the Auburn area (Opelika). Of course we've only been here about nine months, but that included August. Having been a Vermonter for 15 years, the weather here is

*fabulous*. The past winter was no big deal at all, with a perfect[*] 5" snowfall.

The thing that surprised me here was that they don't use frost-free sillcocks, even though it does get well below freezing. Since there is no ground frost, most houses are built on slabs. It would be a real mess replacing the sillcocks in my house.

[*] perfect snowfall == only snows on living things; no shoveling. ;-)
Reply to
krw

I did spend Christmas eve on the beach near Pensacola that winter .. :)

Reply to
LD