Plans, or where to find them?

Hello,

I've been a bit of lurker in this forum for some time and haven't checked in for awhile.

I've given myself a project to make for my soon-to-arrive son.

I have seen a few rocking motorcyles (like a rocking horse, except a motorcycle) I'm wondering if there are any sites that offer free plans for items like this? Or has anyone made a design of their own?

If not, I'm pretty sure I can come up with a basic design and I've seen a few free Rocking horse designs which gives a good idea of what size and curve to make the rockers.

Ideally I'm planing of creating a moto guzzi design .... and I guess I have a while to get it done ..... I'm not expecting it to be used for a year or two :-D

Any help or advice?

__

Cheers The Happy Drunk

Reply to
The Happy Drunk

Lots of them out there. Google Rocking Motorcycle Plans:

are the result of about 5 minutes on Google. They appear to be pretty simple construction. I have seen some pretty ornate one too. Just dig around. Might try woodcraft too.

RonB

Reply to
rnrbrogan

Thanks, the first two plans were the first that I found as well. I guess I was trying to avoid paying for plans which were going to be heavily modifying before I get to my desired finish.

Cheers Leon. __

Cheers The Happy Drunk

Reply to
The Happy Drunk

I'm with you. I have built a few fairly high-end rocking horses (high- end because they are contracting hardwoods and cost $200 to build). I started by merging features and templates from three commercial plans, and doing my own thing an a good part of it. Work out well.

RonB

Reply to
rnrbrogan