Here is how my Unisaw restoration sits right now,
I prepped the cabinet for paint,
Once the cabinet came back (Great job Mike!), I found the older cast iron base Unisaw's do not fit on the current Unisaw mobile base, but rather stratled it on all sides, doh! So, I screwed in from underneath some ~1" ash cleats on either side,
And then centered the saw on the cleats stratleing the metal frame all the way around by about 1/2". To keep the saw in place I glued some keeper blocks from the inside with some brads to hold them in place while the glue dried,
Once I had the trunion and the rest of the saw installed inside the cabinet, I installed the Biesemeyer splitter. I clampped everything in place and from the inside tightened both splitter bolts. The splitter is very hard to make out in this photo with the clamps, strait edge and square,
Here is what the saw looks like from the front right now,
And from the side,
Boy the Baldor motor is big! I don't have the switch on it right now, but I wired it up to see what it cuts like and *wow* it this saw smooth and quite!
I started on installing the DeWALT sliding table tonight,
The manual was no help, so I have to take direct measurements of the table to see how I am going to install it.
I found one thing right off the bat. I had the table top installed and aligned, but I needed 1/4" under the table front and back for the brackets you see sticking off to the left in the above photo. At the front of the saw that is easy, but in the back, the flange at the top of the cabinet came almost flush with rear of the table. I had to take the table off and grind the flange back about 1/8",
you cannot see the grinder in my hand, but the sparks in the left hand side of the photo are visable.
That's all for today,