Completed Rockwell Belt/Disk sander restore w/pics

Hello everyone,

Tonight I finished the restoration of my 1970 Rockwell Belt/Disk Sander.

Here is what I started with,

tore down the sander to every last nut and bolt, cleaned it up and repainted it. I replaced the sheet metal belt platten with a cast iron one, swapped the 3450 RPM 3phase motor for a 1750 RPM 1ph motor w/larger pulley, added a new side/top belt guard and changed the starter. The top belt roller had been hammered on, so I also had to replace that as well. Add to that, four new main bearings and the knob to tension the belt. I also managed to find a cast iron disk dust collection attachment for the disk.

Here is it almost all torn apart,

is the sander all back together and after a very short test,

is a shot of the new motor and starter inside the base,

the new starter, I was able to reuse the old remote on/off switch.

Thanks for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Very nice David! Good Job.. I see your dust collector is working well these days. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Excellent job! That piece of cast iron is just getting started. Probably will outlive every one of us.

Reply to
Bob the Tomato