Tried on my new skirt, check out my ash! (w/pics)

Looking Good! Keep posting updates!

Reply to
Stoutman

... snip

That's one massive looking table. Hope you have help moving it into the house. Would have rather seen the shop foreman on the table. :-)

Mark & Juanita

Hello everyone,

I wasn't expecting to get any shop time today, but I was able to get in a few hours.

I wasn't sure how the spacing on the legs should be, so I tried a few different configurations.

have tons of ash, but it is all 8/4+ so I had to resaw what I needed for the table skirt.

material dressed out to almost 1" thick.

There is to be a drawer on one side of the table. I am not sure why, but the shop foreman wanted one, so there will be one.

I ripped one long skirt into three strips and then crosscut the middle strip into three as well.

slid the boards back and fourth until I had a good grain match. The drawer front is a press fit into the opening. There will be no mechanical drawer slide, it will run on wooden slides with a kicker strip at the top. I want there to be as small a reveal around the drawer opening as possible.

Here are the parts being glued back together.

wanted to run a bead along the bottom edge of the skirt. Here is the bead being run on my router table. My router table is the only machine that has ever bitten me, so I use a power feeder and I don't have to hand feed.

shot of tennon cutting.

are two shots of the dry fit. The shop foreman can be seen in one of the shots.

am taking the table top to a local cabinet shop tomorrow to have them run it through their $250K 52" multihead wide belt sander. I don't know why, but Katarina thought it was funny seeing me on the table top scraping off any last remnant of glue.

up, lots of sanding and the main glueup. Then onto the drawer runners and the drawer.

Thanks for looking,

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

< snip of some really good pictures! >

Shop foreman with open toe shoes??? Table is looking good so far!!!

Reply to
Tim Taylor

Reply to
tom

Thanks. I have that photo, but I was told I would be shot if I posted it.... :).

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan