Today was not a good day in the shop.
I was going to do the final glue up on my table today. I stood one sub
assembly of legs on my bench and was about to dry fit the long aprons with
the drawer runner into the legs. This is what it looked like,
Notice how the skirt is a little narrow....
Opps, looks like I measured between the legs for the drawer runners whereas
I should have slipped the long aprons into the tennons and measured between
those for the length of the drawer runner.
Hmmmm.... What to do.
Hack out the runners with the sawzall. Since the runners were attached to
the long aprons with double biscuits, it wasn't hard to chisel apart the
joint and pare it flush to the apron.
I have it all cleaned up and now I have to remake the parts I cut out, 'cept
this time, a little longer ;).
Every neighbourhood has one, in mine I'm him.