Wanna see my Drawers? (w/pics!)

Evening all,

I had a major trade show to look after last weekend, so not much has happening on my parents kitchen.

I did manage to get in a little work on some drawers though. There are only

8 drawers in the kitchen. They are made from 5/8" thick solid hard maple. The drawer sides are glued up from leftovers and boards with discolouration that I didn't think made the cut for doors or drawer fronts. The drawer bottoms are 1/2" hard maple flat saw veneer plywood.

I just finished the four drawer this evening and thought I would post some photos.

First, the stack of boards fresh from being glued up, planed, drum sanded and ROS sanded.

The boards all cut to size.

cutting a tail board.

laying out the pin board.

cutting the pin board.

after gluing up the drawer, trimming the pins and tails flush.

the four finished drawers.

drawers are not perfect, but I am very happy with how they have turned out.

Four more to go...

David.

David F. Eisan

Yeah, what is with all that burning on the ends... Looks like it is time for a tune up or a sharper blade or a cleaner blade or a.

Reply to
Leon

turned

They look quite good from this end and I know the user(s) will like them. For me, anyway, I like the human-ness of the maker showing in the product. That's why I don't prefer machined woodwork or, certainly, that CNC stuff. but YMMV. Showing the work in progress, as you have done, is far more interesting and informative than just showing the final product.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Very nice work. I actually like the discoloration.

Reply to
dteckie