David's Kitchen, did tons of door machining today... (w/8 pics)

Hello everyone,

I spent about 4 hours tonight turning a bunch of rough boards into rail & stile material for my kitchen doors, drawers and end panels.

Here is the rough stock,

all had to be face jointed,

planed,

finally ripped into the four different widths I would need for the 22 raised panels required for the kitchen,

doors have a 2-7/16" width rail and stile, the rails of upper drawers are 1-7/16, side panels stiles next to face frames are 1-11/16 and side panels that need to be scribed to the walls start out at a really fat

2-15/16 to account for the grossest possible walls. I know that a 1/2" for scribing is overkill, but better safe than sorry.

The pile looks quite different once it has gone from the rough to finished width,

setup a Delta branded CMT fingernail profile stick bit in my JessEm router table,

bearing is inline with both fence faces, no rocking of the straight edge, but the bearing still rolls when I slide the combination square blade back and fourth.

I then powerfed all the stock through,

is what I finished with tonight,

up, cut all the stock to length, cope the ends and raise some panels out of 1/2" MDF.

Thanks for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

cieslarz

Nice shop dave, compliments on your perseverance, lots of hard work, continued success in your labors. Keep us posted! Stan.

Reply to
cieslarz

Nice shop dave, compliments on your perseverance, lots of hard work, continued success in your labors. Keep us posted! Stan.

Reply to
cieslarz

Nice shop dave, compliments on your perseverance, lots of hard work, continued success in your labors. Keep us posted! Stan.

Reply to
cieslarz

David, ;~) Jet makes a pretty good Dust collector... I'd give up on the on you have....LOL

Other wise Nice boards.

Reply to
Leon

I have a DC-1100A, with a cartridge filter, and my shop looks like David's!

Reply to
B A R R Y

David I've emailed your company several times and two phone calls about a planner/molder and a drum sander but no one has ever responded. The two times I called the guy I needed to talk to was gone. Do you guys check your email?

P.S. Nice work, since I'm only 45 min away I may need to come and "Test" your shop ;-)

Reply to
HotRod

One day....

Thanks.... :).

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Are you sure you are sending to snipped-for-privacy@federatedtool.com ?

I usually reply in a day or two...

Thanks. Someday I will have all my tools in one place...

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

I double checked and that was the email that I was using... I'll try again or call.

Reply to
HotRod

I think that is the one I have with remote. My shop now stays remarkably clean except when using my router free hand. Yesterday I was noticing that my TS was getting a bit too dusty and after using it for about an hour and faithfully running the dust collector I noticed that I had not hooked the hose up to the saw.. The hose was still stored, hanging free from the ceiling.. :~(

Reply to
Leon

BTY Mr. Tool expert. ;~) I am considering the purchase of a 16-32 Performax drum sander. Do you know anything about this machine and or have any comments?

Thanks Leon

Reply to
Leon

Mine is "plumbed" with blast gates, and I'd say it grabs about 85% of the material. It does a great job on the jointer, planer, drill press, and router table, only passable on the table saw, miter saw, stationary sander, and barely passable on my band saw. I have front and back pickups on the band saw, and top and bottom connections on the table saw, but it still misses a lot.

I've kind of learned to call it "good enough".

Reply to
B A R R Y