Kitchen progress, doors and drawer fronts (w/pics)

Afternoon All,

Here is a little update on the doors and drawer fronts for my parents kitchen,

An awkward cut, raising the end of a very long narrow panel. Used a roller stand.

the rest of the panels wwas much easier, expecially with the help of a power feeder,

made two jigs for the cope cuts, one for each end of the rails. I just made the jig, I had been free handing copes with a push block for the last 5 years, this is *much* nicer,

never thought a door could look so pretty, but here is a single door that is supposed to look like two. It will be the front for the pull out pantry, I took 10 different photos, but none really turned out to show just how nice the door looks. There is a 3/8" wide, 3/16" deep dado in the centre of the middle rail to divide the doors.

couple of drawer fronts in clamps. Notice the one odd door, that is the front for the lazy susan (full height of undercounter cabinet). I will run a dado from side to side in it to make it look like a seperate drawer front and cupboard door.

for the other bazzilion panels I have to make...

David.

David F. Eisan

David,

Nice work ! But I'm wondering if you using that long of a single panel was a wise thing. When I did my SIL kitchen cabinets, I had three 7' long panels to make for a cabinet (2 for the door fronts, 1 for the side panel all about 12" wide)). Everything I read suggested that the panels be no longer than 4' to reduce the possibility of twisting. The added rail (somewhere around the mid point) also provides additional torsional stability.

I had 40 doors to make and no where near enough clamps. Took about a week of evenings to get everything thru glue-up. Be sure to sticker them when you stack them up for storage or they will dry unevenly (warp).

See you've added a few toy's to the shop too - nice drive by on the power-feed....

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS