Kitchen drawer.

I built my own kitchen many years ago. Only bought in parts were doors and drawer fronts. Or rather the drawers themselves were made from PVC mouldings which clip together with a ply bottom - the front being screwed to brackets which push into the sides with sort of claw grips. One of those has broken, and the chances of finding the exact one new remote. Think the drawer bits came from B&Q.

What would be the best make kit to replace all the drawer assembly with? Obviously keeping the same front. The runners are already decent quality ball bearing types, and still good.

White would be ideal to match the rest.

Given the home made design of the kitchen I'd need sides and ends which can be cut to fit.

This drawer fits in the oven housing, so is deeper than many at about 550mm

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

We had the same sort of problem with kitchen doors supplied by MFI (circa 1992).

Repairs were impossible without the correct runners and guides.

In the end, it had to wait for amelioration until we had an extension built, fitted with all-new everything from Howdens (and that included doors and drawers which cannot be slammed).

Reply to
JNugent

I?ve just looked on EBay- there are still drawer kits available, admittedly of a different type. You can probably reuse the fronts.

Reply to
Brian

You could probably get a part 3d printed. The cost of printing isn't huge its the work to design the [part.

Whilst domestic printers are usually limited to 200mm I am sure commercial places can do bigger, or print in sections.

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

Some years ago, I successfully used Araldite to rebuild a push in gripper, but really had to araldite it to the side internally as well. However that means no more disassembly possible! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa