I have not had much time to work on my kitchen of late, we had a DeWALT day
at work two weeks ago and of course, last weekend was the Woodstock
woodshow. Those two events ate heavily into my ww'ing time.
I did sneak in a little time here or there to work on the face frames, and
tonight I finished building them.
A shot of some dressed poplar just ripped and about to be crosscut to
The rails and stiles are 1-3/8" wide, except for where there is an end panel
covering a melamine side, there the stiles are 2-1/8". The stiles overhang
the edge of each cabinet 1/8", this make installing much easier. Also, why
strive for a "perfect" fit, when you can allow for an overhang that give a
little fudge factor.
Next shot is just making the pocket holes in the ends of the rails,
As I said in a previous post, I was lucky enough to be able to borrow this
electric Kreg Forman pocket hole machine, but even the basic $29 pocket
rocket will get the job done.
My math was giving me some trouble, so I decided to dead reckon the rail
measurements for one face frame, the Kreg right angle clamps came in handy,
I used the Kreg bench clamp to hold the joints together while I ran the
In a perfect world, this would be mortised into a large assembly table, but
even with the way I was using it, life was much easier with it.
Once all the face frames were build I glued Kreg plugs into the holes,
Here is an overall shot of the seven cabinets and their face frames,
Maybe this weekend I will get the face frames sanded and start painting
Thanks for looking,
Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him.