What's up w/ HF site?

T Zajac's post below included a link to HF, but it looks like a domain name squabble's going on. Anyone know how long that's been going on? (Can't have been long, judging from TZ's post).

hylourgos

| T Zajac's post below included a link to HF, but it looks like a | domain name squabble's going on. Anyone know how long that's been | going on? (Can't have been long, judging from TZ's post).

No problems from here. DNS snafu?

Morris Dovey

I don't have any troubles loading it either what I was told byt the local HF store was that the company split so there are two Harbor Freight and Harbor Freight USA. Which means they will carry most the same tools and such but they will also carry diiferent items between the two.

Al

Once again opinions are like A@#wholes everyone has one including me!

Reply to
Al

harborfreight.com (ecommerce) and harborfreightusa (retail stores) are both working for thsi bottom-feeder :-)

Reply to
kkfitzge

Sounds like you don't like them

Reply to
Vic Baron

->Once again opinions are like A@#wholes everyone has one including me!

And they all stink! :-)

Reply to
10x

Quite the contrary. If it wasn't clear, by "bottom-feeder" I'm referring to myself, and I wear that badge with pride. I'm selective about what I'll buy there, but if an HF tool will get the job done, I'll use it without shame. I've had good service from my HF lathe, turning tools, stationary belt sander, HVLP sprayer, air compressor, nailers, hammer drill, trim router, clamps, digital calipers, and a bunch of small stuff. Only a couple of minor disappointments, and no problem returning them.

Reply to
kkfitzge

I bought one of their cheep 4" angle grinders and have been using the hell out of it on some metal working projects. I'm amazed at what a good sturdy tool it is for only $15.00.

Reply to
Scott McAuley

I bought one of their reciprocating saws for 25 bucks when I needed one for a particular job and didn't think I'd use it much after that.

Found out I used it a lot. 22 months later it finally clunked and went "ZZZZZZ" instead of moving the blade, so I bought a Milwaukee.

It was worth 25 bucks for a tool that lasted almost two years of pretty regular use and proved that if I bought a name brand it wouldn't just sit on the shelf. I've got several grateful neighbors out there. :-)

Reply to
else24

Is that what the smell was? :-)

Al

Reply to
Al

I agree with that, there's definitely a place for their stuff in your kit, especially items you don't plan to use day in day out. I've had good luck with most of their tools.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

As KKfit has pointed out, there are now two separate addys, but the one for the online catalog of less than one month ago is now the strange one; and the other one that has catalog items is severely handicapped compared to what it used to be. No bookmarks, wishlist etc. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow and see what's up.

hylourgos