Garage floor paint.....

I've been given two brand new unused 5 litre cans of garage floor paint.

Is painting the concrete garage floor paint actually worth doing or does it quickly wear off and flake off?

Otherwise, I'll put it on eBay.

Reply to
SH

I used International brand garage floor paint in my factories and it lasted for years. However, it is necessary for the floor to be clean when the paint is applied and I also used brick acid to give it a key.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

It depends on the state of the floor. I applied it when my garage floor was fairly new and was shedding a lot of dust. It did a good job of sealing the surface and curing the dust problem. That was 15 years ago and, although the colour has worn off in a lot of places, the surface is still well sealed.

Reply to
Roger Mills

If you are one of the minority that still parks a car in the garage then the tyres will pull the paint off unless you use something like

put some on my garage floor nearly 20 years ago, when I worked for the company and got a staff discount, and it's still sound apart from a small area that's flaking, wher I guess it wasn't prepared properly, but it is a long time since a car's been in there.

Bear in mind that paint can't be posted. (But if you put it on Gumtree it'll be collected, and there's no fees to pay.)

Reply to
Peter Johnson

It can be sent by courier though, if properly packed.

Reply to
Colin Bignell