how much is a Jet JWCS-10 Table Saw worth ??

Does anyone know how much a Jet JWCS-10 Table Saw might be worth? It is 6 years old and still runs as strong as the first day I got it. It is rated at 2 HP and is wired for 220V right now. It has the solid cast iron wings and the Jet fence ( I'm not sure what model fence it is, but it is original equipment. I think the last retail price on this saw was $1995. This saw must be picked up in the Chicago area. It is very heavy. Matt

Reply to
Matt Zack

As far as the price goes... I have found another price from a websearch of $700.... So I am not sure how much to ask for.... any ideas?

Reply to
Matt Zack

I can't find any info or manual on your model at the Jet site. Are you sure of the model #. Is it a contractors or cabinet saw?

Reply to
sadler

It is a cabinet saw.

Reply to
Matt Zack

Probably worth 50% to 70% of new, depending on condition.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
greasy snipe

I own a JTAS, Jet's current 3hp 10-inch cabinet saw. When I bought mine about 3 years ago, they were 1300-1800 depending on the configuration (fence size, router lift option).

The 2HP model is probably less expensive. Since "Jet" does not have the cache' of "Unisaw", I would figure more like 50%.

I'll bet that $600-$800 is a more realistic number.

-Steve

Reply to
Stephen M

it's worth whatever the market you're in will pay for it.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Thanks group ! It gives me an idea of what it is worth.

Reply to
Matt Zack

Hi Matt,

The JWCS-10 is a contractor's saw. I also have the model with the cast iron wings and JetFence as you describe.

I recall paying around $600-$650 new ... I'd ask $500 for it used, assuming it's all in good condition.

Regards, Nate

Reply to
Nate Perkins

Reply to
Matt Zack

Matt:

The Model numbers used by Jet are hard for me to understand also... what is the actual model number on your saw.... ? I purchased mine in the late 80's... JCS-10 also 2 Hp also Blue it was sold as a "cabinet" saw ...but it really is NOT... only option I ordered was a Bies fence...

That said... the saw has never given me a bit of trouble

Bob G

Reply to
Bob G.

I'll give $19.95 for it and pick it up this weekend...

Reply to
Harry Culpepper