Grizzly 10" Table Saw TSC10L

Does anyone have any experience with this TS? My son has an opportunity to buy it for $575. It includes a 30" Biesmeyer fence, outfeed table and router insert on right table. This will be his forst TS. Usually he uses mine. for small furniture projects, boxes, etc, but he would like to get even more involved in the future.

Looks pretty good to me. Any comments?

Bob

Reply to
Bob in NC

Why not buy the new Grizzly G0444Z TS with the new Aluma Classic fence for $515? I have one and I love it.

Reply to
Dave

I am not familiar with that machine. Do you know how old it is? I did a quick Google search on the model number you mention and found several, under various brands including Grizzly. A couple of things:

1) If it matches the vintage of Grizzly I came across, with that number, it might be 15-20 years old. For that kind of money (plus shipping) he can get into a brand new Grizzly contractors saw (without the outfeed and router table). It does however have cast wings, a 2hp motor and a Biesmeyer look-alike fence. I am not familiar with their new aluminum fence but the standard Classic is a good fence.

Regarding Grizzly, I have owned a 1023S cabinet saw for about four years and love it. I have never had to use their product support but their delivery on the saw, and some misc. smaller tools has been great.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Price seems about $200 high to me. I think that saw is a late 80's vintage made in Taiwan. I've found people selling the saw by itself for $200. The router insert doesn't add anything. If its a genuine Biesmeyer fence, that's probably a $100-$150 adder. Go get a new Grizzly.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

Thanks to all for the useful input. My son has decided to pass on this deal, maybe to go for a new saw.

The help from the rec.woodworking community is appreciated. Lots of wisdom out there.

Bob

Reply to
Bob in NC