Opps, Black and Decker buys Delta/Porter Cable..

    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Funny.....I never had much to do warranty wise directly with B&D/DeWalt or Delta/Porter Cable because out of all the big names I do do warranty service for I don't do either companies warranty in house, but B&D DeWalt & Delta / Porter Cable does do warranty service on my behalf ( I just send the items in with receipts shipping paid by them & a few days later they come back, no paperwork for me to do at all, I just hand them back to my customers with a smile ).

In return I get greater discounts on tools, parts & accessories than I would if I was just a private company dealing with their service branches...so it works for me.....low & behold with this sudden acquisition one of the big guns for B&D/DeWalt service in Ontario was in touch with me today....who knows where this is going?????

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

by that point the B&D pro line was pretty hit and miss. the drill motors had a reputation for stripping out the nylon gears. the router had a rack and pinion depth adjustment that was a real PIA and was improved by removing and throwing away. the worm drive saw was OK, but the handles broke off a lot. they had already removed some of the really great machines from the lineup, and soon finished the job.

Reply to
bridger

"Back in my day... ...they don't make them like they used to!" Pretty common refrain, huh? Think I say it myself from time to time.

Then I try to think about things like: Chevy Vega; drum brakes; changing plug's n points every 30; bias ply tires. Or air-bags, ABS, 100K tune-ups, indy-suspension.

Sure don't make them like they used to. Tis a good thing.

Reply to
patrick conroy

PC:

And at times the same can be said about some machines.

UA100, who has seen a dog or two...

Reply to
Unisaw A100