Delta Sold!

Evening all,

All I heard from various people in the ww'ing business today was, "Guess who Pentair sold Delta too?".

To the first person, I jokingly replied, "Ryobi", who responded with, "Ah, you heard". Holy crap, no I didn't hear, are you serious?

Sigh... Another tool company bites the dust.

Buy your Delta tools now, before they get totally flushed down the drain....

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

sigh...

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Holy F**K, another one bites the dust! ! !

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
Mark L.

I'm glad to already have all the Delta I need.

I hope I don't need any parts...

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

May be not a bad thing... Skil and Bosch are affiliated.

Reply to
Leon

David F. Eisan wrote: : Evening all,

: All I heard from various people in the ww'ing business today was, "Guess who : Pentair sold Delta too?".

: To the first person, I jokingly replied, "Ryobi", who responded with, "Ah, : you heard". Holy crap, no I didn't hear, are you serious?

: Sigh... Another tool company bites the dust.

Did Ryobi buy them, or did the parent company that owns Ryobi buy it? I think they also own one of the higher-end European tool companies.

Just remember, Black and Decker owns DeWalt and Elu. And Skil owns Bosch.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

IIRC, Skil and Bosch are owned by another company and neither owns the other.

Reply to
Leon

Nothin I could see about that on Pentair Yahoo business section or Pentair website. Their tool segement (Delta,Porter Cable, Biesmeyer etc) accounts for 40% of thier sales, stock has been doin good and 2:1 split just announced

Reply to
joey

Watch out for Eisan, guys, he thinks it's April Fool's 24/7. . . . ;~)

Kim

Reply to
Kim Whitmyre

According to the Skil web site "Skil Power Tools are products of the Robert Bosch Tool Corporation".

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Too complicated for me. I'm going to take Ralph's advice. From now on, it is Craftsman all the way! Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

David.

OK, I admit it. I checked the date before I responded but even if I turn the calendar upside down it's still not April 1st...

Ryobi huh? Wow....

Rob

I bought a lightly used 3000 psi 4 gpm 11 HP pressure washer the other day. My neighbours gathered round to watch me blast the moss off the gutters....they left shaking their (moss covered) heads. Wonder what would happen should you and I ever end up on the same street !

Reply to
Rob Stokes

The pond is quiet, the air still. The angler slowly draws his arm back and casts. The lure hits the water with a satisfying splash as the angler waits for his prey ...

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Robert Bosch Tool Company owns Bosch, Skil, Dremel, Vermont American, and RotoZip.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Rob Stokes responds:

The buzz in da bidness has been that Ryobi's parent company was looking to buy the Delta/PC business that Pentair wanted to peel off, because, evidently, it has not been meeting their business growth expectations. Profit growth, that is.

I've been favorably impressed with some of the tools Ryobi is making for Ridgid/Home Depot, so there's a strong possibility this union, if David's report is correct, will benefit the consumer---maybe they'll return to the days of yore and ship the Unisaw with a heavy steel strap on the motor to eliminate trunnion breakage!

Charlie Self

Double sigh

I paid for one yesterday - take delivery tomorrow, based a lot on the excellent LONG term support spoken of in this forum. Bastids.

I can only hope....

Reply to
Mike Richardson

What ever gave you _that_ idea? Emerson's sales in a good year are a third those of Bosch, and Skil was a small division of Emerson. The 1998 Emerson annual report states clearly that Emerson's interest in Skil was sold to Bosch.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yahoo Finance has the latest Pentair SEC filing

is a quote from that filing:

On March 16, 2004 we finalized an $850 million committed line of credit (the "Bridge Facility"). The Bridge Facility is available for a period up to the earlier of (i) September 1, 2004, (ii) the closing of the WICOR acquisition without the use of the Bridge Facility or (iii) the sale of the Pentair Tools Group.

Reply to
Jim