Delta Sold!

I'm not saying this isn't true, but there is no mention of a sale on Pentair's, Ryobi's, or MSNBC's Business websites. It did mention Pentair announced a 2 for 1 stock split, but nothing else.

Reply to
WoodChuck34

for Ridgid/Home Depot,

Reply to
Rob Mills

Here is another quote from that filing (emphasis added)

"The term loan to be made under the Bridge Facility (the "Loan") is for the purpose of payment of the purchase price and related fees and expenses upon closing of the WICOR acquisition. The closing of the Loan must occur before September 1, 2004. Any balance due under the Loan is repayable in full, with accrued interest, no later than December 31, 2004. We will need to fund the repayment of the Bridge Facility BY DECEMBER 31,2004 through a DISPOSITION OF OUR TOOLS GROUP or through a debt or equity issuance."

Reply to
David Hall

On Tue, 18 May 2004 04:00:01 GMT, Mark & Juanita brought forth from the murky depths:

zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz... Biggun!

Iwouldn't doubt the veracity of the post, though, and it's all due to that BFU gray paint they use. Honest.

-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Pentair's, Ryobi's, or MSNBC's Business websites.

Reply to
Rob Mills

Oddly enough, the only Delta tools I own are a 1950 unisaw, a 1972 delta/rockwell jointer, and a 1995 delta tenon jig which I still have never used. I don't think I'll miss this sale too much. However, I do feel bad for Norm. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

It too have had one of the first AP-10 Planers but have only had it since

1988. It is a good machine but that was then and now is now. Ryobi does not build em like they usta. IMHO the quality has dropped significantly.
Reply to
Leon

All my Delta stuff is early '90s back to the '50s, too. The big thing I'd be worried about is parts and tech support. Ryobi's is ghastly. Also, when Techtronics (Ryobi's parent) bought Homelite a while ago, all the product information and parts more than 10 or so years old dissapeared.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

I'm sure someone would put white or green tools in his shop. What an opportunity for Grizzly. :-)

"Slowhand" >

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Sears sells a lot of Ryobi stuff, and they are usually very good about stocking parts for anything they sell. I was able to get parts for my BT-3000 though Sears (ordered right off the Sears web site).

Reply to
Roy Smith

Onna 'count of that whole thing going on with his face and all?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

A lot of people talk about parts. Are all of you having to replace a lot of stuff on a regular basis?

UA100, who can't remember the last time he had to replace a part and has a wee bit of Delta in his shoppe...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

The problem I have had with Ryobi products is poor availability of replacement parts. However, I recently needed two switches for Ryobi 18 volt drills and was pleased to find the switches and parts for many Ryobi products are available at Ordertree.com. Had the parts in four days. Reasonable price too.

Neal

Reply to
Neal

There's a huge difference. Delta is legendary for its parts supply. The BT3K has been around for what, a dozen years? Big deal having parts available that long. I've heard that Delta can still supply parts for tools built in the '40s.

I have a 1950s Model 100 Craftsman saw. I doubt there's a single part on it I could get replaced (if I wanted to; I have a Unisaw coming Thursday) other than a standard hardware store nut or bolt. You can expect Sears will stand behind that Ryobi stuff just as well.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Come to think of it, NO!

What I would need to eventually replace is actually pretty standard stuff, such as motors, switches, knives, blades, or belts.

Great point.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Keep in mind when you say "green tools" that only about 20 manufacturers use green paint.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Well, there are all those broken trunnions.

Okay, it isn't Delta, but I had to replace a part or two on a PC 557 which accidentally dropped onto my concrete garage/shop floor. [Ouch!]

Reply to
Jeffrey Thunder

That's the point. :-)

Delta used to be Rockwell, now it's Delta. The line may survive another ownership change. With all manufacturing being done overseas, the lay of the land is entirely different. Who knows what lies ahead.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

'bout time you change that saw blade eh? SH

Reply to
Slowhand

"AMF'd" as a verb? I like it!

Seeing as how bikes are my OTHER passion, I relly like that one!

Oh...bikes with engines...NOT powered by me. I live a block from a beer store...when I'm out of beer, I drive.

Mike

Reply to
The Davenports