For all you gas DIY people .......

Jim.GM4DHJ ......

I see nothing in there indicating that DIY was the cause.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

yes, you have got me there ......

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ ......

Picture here:

Like Andy said, no indication it was DIY.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

none at all .......

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ ......

I'm sure we all wish for a speedy recovery for those injured and pray that there is adequate and appropriate insurance cover to repair the material damage.

Ash

Reply to
Ash

will they pay out if it turns out to be say, a DIY bodge up? .......

Reply to
Jimbo in the spare room ...

like say, a dodgy hose on a gas cooker? .......

Jimbo in the spare room ...

"Jimbo in the spare room ..." wrote in message news:aOiHl.17027$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.virginmedia.com...

Or a 'Gas Safe' bodge-up?

Reply to
Pete Mackrory

"Jimbo in the spare room ..." wrote in message news:_SiHl.17031$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.virginmedia.com...

It might not have been fitted by a competent person, whether it was a Gas Safe or DIY Safe person.

What amazes me with these gas house explosions is that most people seem to walk away from them relatively unscathed, and the house is a total wreck.

Reply to
Harry Stottle

People are flexible, buildings are 'virtually' rigid

Reply to
Bob Minchin

When my son has a party at his house the people walk away unscathed but the house is wrecked ... weird coincidence eh?

Reply to
Ash

think somebody is in trouble ......

yes it is amazing isn't it considering the bloke was in the kitchen and his wife was in the living room...and the floor above the living room fell to a couple of feet above the ground floor...........

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ ......

that one was...if it had been timber frame there might have been less damage .....

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ ......

we shall see ........

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ ......

Weird, too, that they hadn't (presumably) smelt the gas - surely there must have been an enormous amount accumulated to cause that much damage?

Reply to
Martin

he didn't smell gas ...but your senses fade as you get older! .....

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ ......

windows don't even blow out these days .......

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ ......

Tell me about it...!! :-((((

Reply to