Help me justify a Lie-Nieson low-angle scraper please!

No, not juatify to ME, I saw one at the local Woodcraft and the hook is planted all the way in and back again.

I plan to sell some of my plane collection to help avoid WW III with my SWMBO. It will help but I will still feel guilty, as I'm not thoroughly converted to the Woodworking Mind yet. Please, I'm trying!

Is the LN able to take off enough wood to remove planer snipe? I don't mean snipe on Leon's 1/8" scale (VBFG needle needle), just a mild amount that still looks like hell.

I'm not sure if it's for the very lightest finishing or can also do heavier work. Sounds like both from the advertising, what do you guys say?

I'm so tired of getting a nice clean surface, then trying to touch up with a nice sharp bench plane and rrrrrip-tearout.

Quick, LN owners, tell me nice stuff about this mothah. If there's any perceived problems, that too. Opinions freely accepted!

TIA!

James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com http:// snipped-for-privacy@breck.org

Reply to
brocpuffs

I'm not sure I follow... Can you post some drawings or some pictures or... somewhere?

Thanks! Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Bowler

oopserino!

I swear, it was just nerves - no, no, I didn't try to fool anybody. What I now have sitting happily and shinily in my living room is the low-angle SMOOTHING plane. From what you helpful fellas have said so far, I expect you'll appreciate it even more than the scraper I airheadedly put in the subject line.

Besides Ithought some of yer might hop in the ole pickup and come over here and commit a murder-

Tried it, love it, it resists drool well, too. Will post a pic to alt.binareis.pictures.woodworking Real Soon Now.

Reply to
brocpuffs

Dear James,

Did you mean one of these?