Did Powermatic make routers?

let this guy know he should be selling it as a Porter Cable. He replied that it is a Powermatic. I am confused.

Reply to
Toller

He says in the ad "PORTERCABLE MODEL #7839 ".

Reply to
Neillarson

Not to my knowledge.

He lists it as a Porter Cable below the heading with model number.

A couple of years ago powermatic had a router lift built into the 66 extension table as a special edition. maybe his dealer threw in the router (Porter Cable) and he is confused.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

I believe that the PC router is really a Speedmatic. It has been around for a long time.

Reply to
Leon

...and a module gobbler... what a PITA that thing was.

Reply to
Robatoy

He's saying Pentair bought Jet?

Reply to
Ferd Farkel

???

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Here's another one to add to the mud... ;~)

John Grossbohlin

Powermatic is still owned by WMH Tool Group.

Black & Decker bought Pentair in 2004. From the Black & Decker's "Company Information" web site:

"2004 - Black & Decker ® announce the purchase of the Tools Group from Pentair, Inc. (NYSE: PNR) for approximately $775 million in cash. The Tools Group, which includes the Porter-Cable, Delta, DeVilbiss Air Power, Oldham Saw, and FLEX businesses, had sales of $1.08 billion and operating profit of $82 million in 2003."

Reply to
Nova

Correct. Jet is not a company but a brand owned by WMH as is Powermatic, Performax, etc.

A slight slip there. Black & Decker bought the "Pentair Tool Group", not Pentair. Of course, those of us who still have a few shares of Pentair stock are hoping and praying that someone will buy the rest of the corporation and put us out of our misery.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher