Lowes will begin selling Craftsman products

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/b5ac95d9-e88f-304c-8f5f-fd1e06a21e6d/ss_lowe 's-will-begin-selling.html

Interesting, Craftsman products available at Ace Hardware, Kmart, Lowes and Sears. Lowes will probably drop their Kobalt tool line.
Spalted Walt wrote:

They may be available at Sears and Kmart for a "limited time only". ;)

Hope not.

Good point.

Why? Do you think they can rationalize the inventory and space for another line of similar (quality) tools? I don't see it.
snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

You are most-likely correct. Let me know if you see them start having clearance sales! I'll start looking to see if there are any big Kobalt tools that I might like to have.
On 10/28/17 8:51 PM, Bill wrote:

My guess is they'll either keep both and have the Craftsman brand as their "premium" or dump Kobalt altogether.
Getting to carry an esteemed brand like Craftsman is a gift for any retailer. As long as the quality and lifetime warranty is preserved, it's a win-win.
There are may more Lowes stores than Sears, so they should be able to keep prices down to sell in bulk.
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

It takes a good bit of floor space to represent the Craftsman brand very well. It will be interesting to see how well Lowes does it. It may give me a reason to visit Lowes more often. At Sears, there must be 5 or 6 Craftsman lawnmowers on display. I doubt that will happen at Lowes. My next lawnmower will probably be a Honda anyway. ; )
Bill
On 10/29/2017 4:07 AM, Bill wrote:

If lawnmowers are included. It may only be tools. Hand tools and power tools are ade by different suppliers too. They also broke ties with Whirlpool after many years of making Kenmore appliances.
The Craftsman name may live on, but will the quality?
On 10/29/2017 8:20 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I don't think Sears broke ties with Whirlpool, although they will not be selling the appliances with the Whirlpool name I understand that Whirlpool will continue to make some Kenmore appliances.
On 2017-10-29 3:44 PM, Leon wrote:

I wonder if that will happen in Canada too, now that Sears has/is almost shutdown here.

You are correct according to Appliance411:
http://www.appliance411.com/purchase/make.shtml http://www.appliance411.com/purchase/sears.shtml
" Sears does not manufacture any of their products, instead they are all made by the other leading manufacturers, often with added features. They are then rebranded with the Kenmore (or other) brand name.
Notably are: most laundry products and dishwashers made by Whirlpool, lower end front load washer and matching dryer by Frigidaire and many range models by GE or Frigidaire."

Not from what I heard - and in Canada it's a moot point anyways, as Sears Canada will be closing their doors very early in the new year.

Even just the tools take a huge footprint, more than the tool section allotted in any Lowes I've seen to date.

Why should anything change now. Their quality has been dropping for several decades.

All Craftsman is is a sticker with a registered trademark. The owners will probably slap it on everything in the coming years.
Puckdropper

As a disgruntled former owner of a Lowe's self-propelled 21" rear drive Husqvarna, I'd be happy to see Lowes carry Craftsman mowers instead.
I replaced the Husqvarna with a self-propelled Honda from HD 4 yrs ago and have been quite pleased with its performance. (Except that it's hard to pull backward)
On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 15:27:41 +0000, Spalted Walt

I have a Honda that I no longer use. It was a great mower when I had a smaller lot. I now have a Craftsman tractor that's the pits. It does a lousy job cutting but even a walk behind would kill me with this lot (did it for a few months but that's all I did during that time).
On 10/29/2017 4:50 PM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

Still using my Honda HR194. I purchased it in the Spring of 1987.

I just pulled a 1984 vintage Toro mulcher out of mothballs to mulch and bag my leaves this fall. Not sure how long the OP had it in "storage" but it started first pull when I gassed it up .
Tecumseh engine, 164CC
On 10/29/2017 5:56 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Sounds like he set it up right for the storage.
On 10/29/17 3:07 AM, Bill wrote:

I'm speaking specifically of their hand tools and mechanic tools. Those are what have a stellar reputation. I don't see any reason for Lowes to sell Craftsman lawnmowers. When Sears started sticking a Craftsman badge on any and every $h!tty power tool and lawn and garden object, nobody who respected their hand tools fell for the rouse.
Those horses were out of the barn decades ago and I don't see Lowes making the same mistake.
--

-MIKE-