Does anyone have coffin plans?

That's my question: anyone have plans for the "old fashioned" wooden coffin? Particularly ones which are scalable for modern day adults?

"Asking for a friend"

Just planning ahead.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Have you heard about Google? You might want to try it. "Coffin Plans" will bring forth a slew of books, free plans, etc.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I'm trying to figure out what type of wooden coffin plan *wouldn't* be scalable.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

hubops

will bring forth a slew of books, free plans, etc.

And Youtube videos....

I believe Roy Underhill demonstrated the "old fashion" method quite nicely. (Trailer?) -

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

A coffin? That's the last thing I need.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Nice! ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Nice? NICE? Hell, man, that was a rim shot!

;)

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

where will they be buried in some locales you have to use something that is heavy and will not heave

or float

but if it is just for the open casket ceremony than you can really go online and find the style you like

then discreetly measure the subject height and weight

if it is not for open casket ceremony get some thick plywood rip some tubafours and secure the corners and make enough handles to match the weight of the decedent and the strength of the pallbearers

maybe paint with team colors

if the decedent believes in the afterlife leave some room for their tablet or tv and maybe six pack and other stuff like favorite hat or snacks

Reply to
Electric Comet

Maybe include one of those little folding army shovels -

- just in case ... you know - the buried alive scenario ... Also - for lid fasteners - do a google-image search for " coffin nails " ... bet you'll be surprised ! I was. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Worse thing about my funeral is that I'm going to miss it by just a few days.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 07:07:28 -0400 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

Thanks - that's the hard ware, I'm looking for plans for "the box". Something a little more up scale than "plain pine box".

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Just look up.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Also look for dead ringers. :)

Reply to
OFWW

Oscar LeRoy built one in his basement ...

Oscar: I?ve got a way with tools.

Emma: So do I. I married one.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

No big surprise there - the movie hits, followed by humourous celebrity likenesses ... ... the fingernails thing isn't in my world at all. John T.

Reply to
hubops