plans for wooden chlothes hangers?

I realize I should have asked about this months ago, but I have been tasked with making clothing stands for small sized clothing. I keep looking at the wooden hangers which came with my suit, but those are full sized (naturally). So I'm wondering if anyone has plans or ideas where plans could be found. Full size or otherwise, I can scale.

No rush, I have till next Saturday to have them finished 8-)

tschus pyotr

pp.S., I picked up a book on model furniture making. Looking at one of the pieces, I said "I want one of those", and scaled up. Well, not the thickness, that scaled up to 1.5 inches thick for a shelf. Too much.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Really, it's all in there. Use your hangers as a template and scale from that.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Thanks. That is what I've been concluding.

Sigh - add to Project list.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

pyotr filipivich wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If you think of a hanger as two pieces you'll get the basic idea: One at a slight angle to hold the material and another in the center to hold the first rod. Depending on your scale, you can use a lot of things for the center: Fish hook earrings, fish hooks (file the barb and point off), thin wire, etc.

As for the hangers themselves, just about any wood would work. I'd use either balsa or basswood from the hobby shop, but good ol' pine would work as well. Cut it thin and shave the pieces (or do it in reverse-- depends on you and your tools) until you get what you want. The hardest part will be how to get the hook onto the hanger. (Most people won't notice if you take a piece of copper wire and twist it around the outside to attach the hook.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Puckdropper on Thu, 06 Sep 2018 21:40:41 GMT typed in rec.woodworking the following:

Thanks. What I need is the shape.

What seems "simplest" is to make "halves" and fasten them together.

It's all that curve and other stuff which has me frustrated. If I had gotten to this sooner, I could have carved them out. But, like I said "not perfect,Friday".

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Saw it on "How they do it" made one cut for the shape then split the blank in two halves, of course they had all the factory jigs. But cutting the shape as a half both will be the same.

Reply to
Markem

Actually, it was "How It"s Made".

I posted the YouTube link earlier. (first response)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

How many?... how "small" ?

Spalted Walt

Spalted Walt on Fri, 07 Sep 2018 15:05:26

+0000 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

IF I had a bandsaw, this would be obvious.

Six. about "half" scale. "About so wide".

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

DIY hanging clothes rack has a perfect solution for that. To build with a few basic tools, can be moved anywhere, and takes up very little space. That?s because it?s made up of just two side legs with a support shelf and hanging rod in between.

Reply to
Michael Adam