Adirondack chair plans for a small adult?

Hey all, Can anyone point me in the direction of Adirondack chair plans for a smaller adult? The person in question is five feet tall. The only plans that I have seen are for either kids or normal sized adults. I am looking for something that is mid size. I would scale a full size plan down but I procastinated on a birthday deadline and am up against it. I certainly don't mind paying for a set. Full size drawings would definitely help. graci.

Reply to
PSobon

The Lee Valley plans have details for two chairs, one large and one a good deal smaller. I don't think you would need to scale them down. On the other hand, if you are up against a deadline, I found those chair take some time to build. The plans a listed in most any Lee Valley catalog.

Reply to
RESPITE95

You might have a look at Jake's chair.

plans provided are pretty comprehensive and would allow for scaling down. As a rough guide, something between 3/4 and 7/8 scale would probably suit - it's less of a reduction than you'd think. Measuring the length of the person's leg from the knee to the floor and comparing that with the height of the front of the plan chair seat to the floor would probably give you a good idea of the scaledown needed.

Cheers

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey

Reply to
JGS

This might be what your'e looking for...

Don

R, I looked on the LV website and found plans for various Adirondack chairs but didn't see a set for a larger and smaller plan. Can you describe the set of plans? Ciao.

Reply to
PSobon

Reply to
Chris Melanson

That works OK on a 100% size drawing but any written dimensions are then wrong. So is material thickness. I've used the percentage method, but approached it a little different.

Take a dimension of one of the main parts, say the width. For sake of example, the seat is 27" wide so you want to reduce it by 10% or 2.7". To keep things simple, I would just deduct 3" from every part on the width. Do the same with the length and depth, but keep in mind, this is NOT a perfect method. Some dimensions will allow for wood thickness. You are not, of course, reducing the thickness of the lumber so not every dimension is reduced by a percentage.

Does it work? I've posted photos of a desk and chair and of an Adirondack chair that I rduced to scale. Until you knew what was up, people thought it was full sized, not 1/3 or less of the original. In once case, it is a copy of a 60" desk in my office that I reproduced for my wife's doll collection. I used oak reclaimed from a pallet. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski