Senior Adult Chair

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

Or if commercially available fabricated or kit, links please.

Need the following: suggest a wood species. strong but light. i.e. no heavy woodwork. wheels for carpet high seat for easy sitting and standing very firm seat. wood with 2" inch cushion. tilting back high back with head rest. strong arms rotate chair over base. wide seat. suitable for 300 lb person.

All suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

Reply to
Olden

Office chair. ... not made of wood - but otherwise .. The "control room" 24 x 7 units are well built but pricey .. and not exactly lightweight. John T.

Reply to
hubops

For a 300 pounder you want a _good_ chair, and if he (or she) is a senior especially so--a chair breaking is annoying when you're 30 but can be a trip to the ER when you're 80.

Take a look at the Herman Miller, Knoll, and Steelcase web sites. You'll find very expensive exceedingly high quality chairs. If you can afford the price, call them, give them the specs, and wait for the truck. If you can't, once you find the chair you want, ebay is your friend--chairs of this quality last through several owners.

Reply to
J. Clarke

[snip]

I presume the OP, who asked to be pointed to "plans", plans on building the chair, not buying it.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

... heavy duty, wheeled, high back with headrest, and tilting. ... oh yeah - light weight .. Good luck finding a DIY plan for that chair ! John T.

Reply to
hubops

I recognize that he wants to make it. And as a 300 pound senior citizen I'm advising against it. I've had too many commercially made chairs die under my weight (even when I was much lighter) to be sanguine about the durability and safety of someone's first attempt at such construction.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I believe you are right. He wants plans.

Reply to
Leon

+1 A senior falling out of a chair can be a death sentence. A 300# senior, double so.
Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote in news:1ngt3g9lqs024t01ssv26ge4hjgocri5bu@

4ax.com: