REQ: Plans for Adirondack Chairs?

You're welcome. Plans for these are pretty rare, and have probably never been discussed on this NG before. You might try this link though:

Russ

The upcoming issue of Woodcraft magazine contains an article about building what looks like the Adirondack chair from the New Yankee Workshop. It's a very popular and very comfortable design.

If you are fairly new here you will find that every time you ask a question, someone will jump your case because you haven't done a Google search. Don't let them get you down; ask anyway.

Reply to
Olebiker

See the bottom of the following page:

Nova

Fri, May 11, 2007, 3:29pm From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Cal) Well, thanks for the tip about the upcoming plans... And I am new here (howdja guess... lol) but I've Googled 'em and went through I think the first four search pages. Found plenty of plans, all starting about $15.95 =A0 THANKS for the reply!

Oh, horse hockey. There's plenty of free aderonak chair plans out there. If nothing else put FREE in your search phrase. You gave up after only four pages? Sissy. And easy to tell you're new, you started out by asking for something.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

I bought a plan from Lee Valley 20 years ago. I built a few Adirondaks..and they're still in service today.

That was the best 15 bucks I spent...

Try it... it doesn't hurt that much.

Reply to
Robatoy

Try the library. I remember seeing some plans in a New Yankee Workshop book.

Reply to
vincycle72

I have some sites linked from my woodworking links page:

under the outdoor furniture section.

I havn't played around with this for a while... one of these days I'll stick them in a database and make it a little easier to submit/maintain. right now, it's little more than a list of links.

Reply to
flip+

Google "Jakes Chair"

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

This one is 10.95:

the $5 to buy yourself something nice...:-)

Reply to
name

Better yet build "Jakes Chair"

It is an improvement on the Adirondack Chair and the plans are FREE.

Try google for jakes chair

This is one of several hits

Unknown

butt ugly compared to Norm's chair.