inside corner bead

have not ever used an inside corner bead and decided to try them
i see plastic ones and there are metal ones
any pros or cons for either type
On 10/25/2017 2:23 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

Yes, for both.
On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 16:37:14 -0400

went with the metal as it seems to me the mud will adhere better to metal than the plastic
On 10/26/2017 4:51 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

I try to never use mud in my woodworking. Even my _worst_ joints are tight enough that it is not needed.
On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 11:23:12 -0700

one possible con against the metal bead is that it can rust if in a moisture prone environment
hopefully paint would prevent that and probably not a factor here
but one possible downside for metal
On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:40:58 -0700

looking more closely at this corner bead i am starting to think it is galvanized
guessing that it is hot dipped galvanized
i do recall seeing rusted corner bead but it may have been an old installation
On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 18:33:04 -0700, Electric Comet

I've seen a fair bit of rusted corner bead - when in a damp area with no paint. The stuff is lightly galvanized - there are also blastic corner beads that won't rust - - -