inside corner bead

have not ever used an inside corner bead and decided to try them

i see plastic ones and there are metal ones

any pros or cons for either type

Reply to
Electric Comet

Yes, for both.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

went with the metal as it seems to me the mud will adhere better to metal than the plastic

Reply to
Electric Comet

I try to never use mud in my woodworking. Even my _worst_ joints are tight enough that it is not needed.

Reply to
John McGaw

one possible con against the metal bead is that it can rust if in a moisture prone environment

hopefully paint would prevent that and probably not a factor here

but one possible downside for metal

Reply to
Electric Comet

looking more closely at this corner bead i am starting to think it is galvanized

guessing that it is hot dipped galvanized

i do recall seeing rusted corner bead but it may have been an old installation

Reply to
Electric Comet

I've seen a fair bit of rusted corner bead - when in a damp area with no paint. The stuff is lightly galvanized - there are also blastic corner beads that won't rust - - -

Reply to
clare