Lowes/Delta gloat

I watched the Lowes Delta "clearance" for several weeks. I decided to buy a GR050 sharpener for 1/2 price ($20) but when I got there the dispaly model was all they had left and they wouldn't sell me that one because there were supposed to be more "on order". Clerk couldn't explain why they were clearancing and ordering at the same time. But a week or so later the ones on order came in and I got one.

Then my attention switched to a BS220LS band saw. Everyplace on the web I found it wanted more than Lowes regular price ($299) and they had it clearanced at $220. I thought about it for several days and finally decided to go for it when they moved it from the middle of the tool area out to the aisle (figured it wouldn't last much longer). I even got an extra 10% off the clearance price (without asking!) because it was a display model.

So now I have new tools to play with and a slightly neater shop where I cleaned up to move in the new saw. I haven't decided what to do with my ancient Rockwell/Delta 10" band saw, maybe sell it to an antique tool collector.

Roger Grady snipped-for-privacy@comteck.qlfit.com To reply by email, remove "qlfit." from address

Reply to
Roger Grady

I know what you go through when you find a deal. I found I may be able to upgrade my saw with cast iron table wings instead of the old punched steel. Also, I plan on upgrading the fence and at a price I can afford. My biggest deal was the purchase of 520 bd ft of rough cut 4/4 red oak for $100. It will need jointed, planed and sanded, so I bought some carbide planer blades that I finally got installed today. I also just received some sand paper rolls for my Delta 18/36 Drum Sander. I'm ready to take on the pile. An entertainment audio/media cabinet now and tomorrow speaker enclosures.

-- Woody

Check out my Web Page at:

you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

  • * * Build a DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03

  • * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
  • * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
  • * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
  • * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
  • * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03
Reply to
Joe "Woody" Woodpecker

Just leave it on the curb and give me a call. Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Just leave it on the curb and give me a call. Puff

Knew it wouldn't take long for one of our wRECk bottom feeders to show up!(G,D&R)

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Well a man has to eat doesnt he ? Puff

Reply to