Lowes Delta Clearance

Lowes appears to be clearing out their Delta stuff. I picked up a Delta 13" 2-speed planer (22-580) for $190 (regular $447)! It was the floor model, no more left. Manager said they were expecting more to come in, but I didn't want to chance it. Had other Delta on tools on clearance, at about half price.

Anyone know where I can get a manual for the planer?

Gloatfully yours, Steve

Reply to
Steve

Make sure you get a spare set of blades if they are discontinuing Delta stuff. They have the best price on the blades, about $12 less than another Wood named store that carries them. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

When were you there? I was at my 'local' Lowes on Saturday, and didn't see any Delta specials (I've been considering getting the same planer). If they've implemented specials since Saturday, then it's probably worth my while to drive down there. It is about 30 minutes though, so I'd rather not make the trip if this 'clearance' has been going on for some time now.

Thanks for the info Chad

Reply to
Chad Bender

The downtown Richmond, VA is also having the clearance. Good deals on a couple of their lower end contractor's saws. I think their normal priced $400 saw was going for a little over $200. Their 2 speed planer was around $200 as well. I picked up their lower end hollow chicel mortiser for $129. Not a bad deal, normally goes for around $200.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Yancey

Monday evening, happened to stop in some screws. Was told sale started Sunday. The tool dept would probably let you know by phone. Steve

Reply to
Steve

Most - but not all of the Delta stuff here was on clearance too. Looks like the older models are targeted. The new triangle-shaped air cleaner was not. Nor was the 4" belt/disc sander combo.

The MM300 (?model number?) mortiser was $99.

Reply to
patrick conroy

Steve,

Just call the Delta customer service number (1-800-223-7278) and tell them you bought a display unit and it was missing the spare knife set, wrench, blade tool, manual, etc. They will send them to you free of charge. I bought a display TP400LS planer a few weeks ago for $150 (missing all extra's, and also the handle screws), and they sent everything except the stand, which comes with that model. They said the stand was the store's responsibility, maybe because it's boxed seperately...my guess. I got the parts shipped to my door about 4 days later. Actually, she forgot to include the manual, but I guess I'll just download it. Anyway, it's definately worth making the call...the spare knife set alone is a $30 item.

Tom

Reply to
Tom M.

I think this is one of those deals where it depends on the customer rep you get. I just called Delta customer support and they said they would sell me the missing parts on a display unit, but they would not provide them for free.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

Thanks. I think I'll have to stop in there tonight and hope there's something left!

Chad

Reply to
Chad Bender

Correction - $129 here.

Reply to
patrick conroy

I went to Blue Borg at lunch today. Just got back. I looked but didn't see any great Delta bargains. I only saw the typical mix of returned merchandise of various brands, (mostly those well used tools people "rent" from Lowes by returning them for a refund after they've used them for the project they were working on).

I did buy 3 sheets of 3/4 maple ply for $25 each. Each had a little damage but at least 95% first quality.

Gary

Reply to
Gary

Each had a little damage > but at least 95% first quality.

Reply to
Pat Barber

Oooops, I forgot to tell you, I'm in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Reply to
Gary

!!GLOAT!! Sorry to piggyback on Edwins post but I couldn't see steve's original. I just got the last one in the store for $114.50 !!

jim bailey

Reply to
Jim Bailey

Thanks for the heads up, Steve. For those who live in the Houston-Galveston, Texas area, if you hussle you can get one of the Delta 22-580 planers before they are gone. There are about 20 Lowe's stores serving the Metropolis area. Here is what I found:

Several stores have floor models and are willing to sell them for $200. A few stores have 1 or 2 scheduled for delivery in the next 3-7 days. They are on sale for $229. The BAYBROOK MALL store had EIGHT new *in stock* as of 8 a.m. this morning - sale prices $229. The Tool World manager there will accept a credit card purchase over the phone and hold the item in Pick-Up-Later area for you. I am in Phoenix, Arizona on business but was able to purchase by phone and my son picked it up this afternoon.

When you call, be patient - it takes a while to get through. Ask for Tool World and specify Lowe's Item 91795 on sale for $229. Lowe's opens at 7 a.m.

The early bird gets the worm!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

Hmm...that's a bummer. I guess if that happens you could tell the rep "never mind", and then try calling later or another day in the hope that you get a different (nicer) rep.

Tom

Reply to
Tom M.

Lowe's in Inverness, AL has one left in the box, plus the display. The manager was surprised when mine rang up at $229, talking about how good a deal that was. Their display was still marked $447.

Reply to
Frank Williamson

They also have the DP 400 Drill Press - 161/2" floor model.. It's called "Shopmaster", as opposed to the "Industrial" model. But, for a hobbist like me, it looks good enough. Their price is $229. It was normally $299. I check some of the other on line sources, and they're showing as high as $399.

The tool guy said they only had the display model, but they had one coming in the next few days. Otherwise, it was an "order" item. Sounds like they have them, but they're not going to stock the individual stores beyond one or two.

Now, how to convice SWMBO.........

Nick B

Reply to
Nick Bozovich

Piece o' cake! The Magic Words - "Half Off!". Every SWMBO succumbs to the notion of a Sale...

Reply to
patrick conroy

Thanks Tom. The first rep I talked to in 'Parts' told me that they don't give you missing parts for display models - but she'll sell them to me. The second rep in 'Customer Service' said the same, but then felt sorry for me and agreed to send me a free knife changing wrench. I was tempted to try for the magnetic knife holder too but didn't want to press my luck. BTW, I don't think the 22-580 comes with spare knives. Steve

Reply to
Steve