Lowes Delta Clearance -- Thanks everyone!

I just wanted to thank those who started and replied to the recent threads about Lowes clearing out Delta products. I finally got a chance to go there today. I picked up a cast iron belt/disc sander for $60 and a little dust collector for $90. I'm going to use the dust collector to vent welding fumes.

The planers were all sold out. This is a good thing because I already have a Ridgid and may not have been able to resist getting another one.

Some of the 6" and 8" grinders were on sale. The sharpening tool was $20.

They had just put the Wilton vises on the clearance table. They're switching to a Kobalt branded line of vises. I asked how much the Wiltons were--the guy said they would take $30 off the normal price. Still too much for me. I'll have to go back next week and see if that giant 8" vise is any cheaper.

Reply to
AL

I tried to buy one of the $20 sharpeners a couple of days ago but they were all out. They wouldn't sell me the display unit because they said

4 more were on order and it wasn't a "no longer carry" (or something similar) item. So they're clearancing things at half price and ordering more. Seems strange to me but maybe they're just clearing out the warehouses. Also had my eye on a bandsaw and a scrollsaw. Dang, I love/hate these closeouts.

Roger Grady snipped-for-privacy@comteck.qlfit.com To reply by email, remove "qlfit." from address

Reply to
Roger Grady