Best & Worst Customer Service Lists

That only happened twice, AFAIK. From the original Mac (128, 512, Plus) in 1984 to the Mac SE and Mac II in 1987 when ADB ports were introduced for keyboard and mouse, and between the B&W G3 and iMac/G4 tower (1999), when ADB and SCSI went away to be replaced by USB and Firewire.

That's 12 years where all your peripherals worked no matter what Mac you bought. Yep, I can understand how constant change like that would sour anyone. What was Apple thinking?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

And this is different from PCs changing expansion slot types how, exactly? And, do you _really_ want to put your old video card onto your new motherboard anyway? But, whatever. The Mac I bought isn't a tower, so when it becomes obsolete in 5 years, it'll go downstars to be a file server or something, and I'll buy something 5 times as fast for the same money.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That's what I was thinking too, but I didn't have the details. Glad that you do.

Um, I know this one - "We should update our technology to take advantage of recent developments", right?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:42:56 -0600, Dave Balderstone wrote (in article ):

Ack!. That bit me (SCSI) with my current B&W G3. I had to buy a $30 SCSI card to use my old drives and scanner. PC's got it right when they used built in SCSI on all the models (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

Yeah, I hated having to buy those Apple sound cards at inflated prices just to be able to run the Talking Moose...

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Yup, that built-in SCSI is everywhere in the PC world. Well, at my house anyway.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I had an old 230 Mb (NOT A typo!) external SCSI Drive I used on a Mac Classic and needed to transfer some stuff before the new Firewire drive arrived. Thought what the heck, found a SCSI to USB adapter and sure enough it worked fine. Was shocked the drivers and such were built in.

Allen

Reply to
Allen

Darn newbies... we just did the "my first hard drive was 5MB and the size of a washing machine" thread, right?

Isn't that nice? "It just works", once again.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I used to work with a guy that flew Northwest through Minneapolis to Duluth. He said invariably if the plane was less than half full they would develop "mechanical problems" and cancel the flight. Unfortunately it was the last flight of the day and he would then have to rent a car and drive home or try again the next day.

CD

Reply to
cdubea